Join us for live entertainment on July 1, Canada Day!
From 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. come take in live musical acts and experience our new Drive-In Festival Site. As restrictions ease we will continue to adapt and bring you live music and classic films all with the option of outdoor seating.
Canada Day line up
Shannon Smith Band
The Shannon Smith Band
Your answer to the “Best Ever” event of the year! Whether it be a large corporate function, Pro rodeo event or country cabaret, the Shannon Smith Band will exceed your expectations. Celebrated for their non-stop, crowd-pleasing medleys, this premier show will have guests dancing from dusk till dawn.
Winner of Country 105/Lammle’s “Rising Star,” Shannon has graced the stage of several top-notched venues and events to include Big Valley Jamboree, Ranchman’s, Grandstand performances and the Pro Rodeo circuit.
Her debut album “Tell Me Something,” charted 5 Canadian radio singles with “Settle Down” reaching #2 in Australia. Shannon’s #2 single peaked between Eric Church’s “Drink In My Hand” and Lady Antebellum’s “We Owned The Night!” The new album “I Hate Long Goodbyes,” includes collaborations with Patricia Conroy and “Nashville Star” winner Angela Hacker. Enjoying the success of her albums Shannon Smith has opened for American country supergroup Lonestar as well as Johnny Reid, Duane Steele, Julian Austin and Aaron Pritchett.
Never a dull moment as Shannon shares the limelight with her incredible band. Always entertaining, this high-energy group will wow audiences performing a diverse mix of current Top 40 Country favourites with popular modern dance-pop/rock and iconic classics. The Shannon Smith band would love to be involved in creating the most talked about event of 2018!
Roots-rock troubadour Matt Blais goes in search of authenticity, passionately advocating for connection in good times and bad. As a singer-songwriter and touring live performer, he has developed a creative life that inspires that connection in listeners. By writing meaningful songs in an upbeat and accessible style, performing them with his signature belting vocals and harmonica work, Blais has built a full-time career with fans across Canada and around the world.
His latest release, “Our Comeback”, captures the energy and hope of a community ready to bounce back, rise up, and overcome.
Matt Blais is the current Calgary Songwriter in Residence and has collaborated with Sam Roberts, played over a thousand shows opening for acts such as Blue Rodeo and The Strumbellas, and performed venues like Calgary Stampede’s Coca-Cola Stage, Big Valley Jamboree Songwriter Stage. With awards such as “Male Artist of the Year” at the Calgary Music Awards (2018) and “Best Rock Song” at The Great American Song Contest (2016), he has solidified his reputation as a musical force both on and off the stage.
DRIVE-IN FESTIVAL SITE RULES & ETIQUETTE:
- You may bring your own lawn chairs and sit outside of your vehicle.
- You may wander around.
- For the best experience for all our guests there is no backing into stalls and opening your hatch. You are not permitted to sit in the bed of your truck. No tents on trucks will be permitted.
- Your headlights must be turned off. Please ensure you know how to do this prior to coming to the show
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted.
- No pets are permitted.
- If your battery dies during the show we are unable to boost it until the show is over.
- Retain your ticket, it must be produced upon request.
- No RVs or oversize vehicles are permitted.
- You may roll down your windows, but do not discard anything from your vehicle.
- In fairness to all attendees, larger vehicles will be parked at the back and on the sides of aisles to ensure best sightlines for everyone.
- Sitting on top of your vehicle is not permitted, not only for safety but it also blocks the view of others.
- Be considerate of those around you. Don’t raise your voices or use profanity to disturb others.
- For the safety and comfort of other guests, smoking is prohibited in the parking area. Smoking is prohibited in the washrooms, and 6 meters around their doorways..
- No BBQs, grills, fires, fire pits, propane heaters, fireworks, drones or laser pointers.
- Unless there is a medical emergency, you will not be able to leave until the show is over.
- After the show, please follow the direction of our parking staff to ensure proper order for exiting the parking lot.
- Please take all garbage with you when you leave.
- Site management assume NO RESPONSIBILITY for Injury, Property Loss, or Damage of any kind.
- Please do not come to the site or any event if you are symptomatic, or have been in contact with anyone who has been infected with COVID 19.
- Management reserves the right to adopt or change any rule and any time, with or without notice, to best serve our customer’s safety as well as our best business practice