Man dies after receiving severe burns in Abbotsford portable washroom fire

Abbotsford Police are trying to determine if the fire was an accident or if it is suspicious.

Article content

A 28-year-old man has died after receiving severe burns in a portable washroom fire in Abbotsford on Tuesday.

Article content

Police were called out shortly before 8:30 p.m. to assist Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service call within the 3300- block of South Fraser Way.

When they arrived they found a portable washroom engulfed in flames. A short distance away, a man was discovered suffering from severe burns.

He was taken to hospital but has since died, police said Friday. Abbotsford Police are trying to figure out if the fire was an accident or if it is suspicious.

Anyone who witnessed this man described as wearing a lime green winter jacket with grey sleeves, a red hoody underneath the winter jacket, dark pants, and white running shoes is asked to contact police.

Further, investigators are appealing to anyone who has dashcam or CCTV footage in the area of Khalsa Diwan Temple located at 33094 South Fraser Way between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Tuesday is asked to call the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225

This website uses cookies and asks your personal data to enhance your browsing experience.